T’wina Nobles Young Professionals Scholarship
The CPTC Foundation has partnered with the Tacoma Urban League to provide $5,000 scholarships for two CPTC students of color this Winter Quarter. The scholarship will be split between Winter and Spring quarters to provide assistance with tuition, fees, books and program supplies. Funding is provided by the CPTC Foundation and matching funds through the Tacoma Urban League.
In the spirit of the National Urban League Young Professionals, this scholarship is intended to help prepare a new generation of young leaders to take the mantle of leadership of the civil rights movement and will be awarded to a student of color enrolled at Clover Park Technical College, between the ages of 20-40, and interested in taking an active leadership role in their local community. Applications for the T’wina Nobles Young Professionals Scholarship will be accepted from September 19 through September 25th at midnight.
This scholarship is open to students who meet the following eligibility criteria:
- The recipient must be a student of color (black/African American, LatinX/Hispanic, Asian, Pacific Islander, Native American, etc.)
- Applicants must be interested in taking an active leadership role in social justice and civil rights.
- Between the ages of 20 and 40
- Must plan to be enrolled in 12 credits or more for Winter quarter 2023.
- Must have a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or greater
- Must not be a high school student taking college classes (such as running start or NWCTHS students)
- Must not have a student loan in default
- The recipients must be willing and able to attend the Tacoma Urban League’s Empowerment Awards at the Hotel Murano-Bicentennial Plaza (1320 Broadway Plaza, Tacoma) on October 6th at 6:00 PM to be publicly presented as the scholarship recipient.
Please read these instructions carefully before applying for a scholarship.
CPTC Foundation Scholarships
Check back here as scholarships become available.
- Finding Scholarships (U.S. Dept. of Education)
- Paying for College in Washington State (Community and Technical Colleges of Washington State)
- Grants and Scholarships (bigfuture by The College Board)
- How To Apply for a Scholarship (bigfuture by The College Board)
- DACA Recipient Scholarships